Saturday in Lovella's kitchen


A while back Ellen posted pictures of her kitchen so I thought I would take up the show and shine challenge and share some of mine too.  

The kitchen space is 18 X 11 including the dining area and 8 1/2 by 11 for just the kitchen area. 

We did this remodel 11 years ago.  



The floors throughout our main living area are tongue and groove fir that we stained, distressed and put coats of varathane over.  The floor started out being a satin finish but the wear of everyday use has turned it to a semi gloss.  

Cabinets and countertops are showing their wear but are still functional and clean up just fine for this farm bungalow. 


I've never had enough space to store my kitchen things but that is probably because I have too many things. 

I'm thankful for the island that gives me lots of drawer space for utensils, spices, linens, a treat drawer, dry goods, casserole dishes, plastic wrap, kitchen bags etc and of course everyone needs a plastic storage container drawer. 


The top cabinet on the right side of the oven is where I keep our everyday dishes and baking equipment. 

My bottom shelf is right above where I do all my mixing. 

Our everyday dishes are  plain white and inexpensive family style that take up minimal space in storage. 


Cabinet above the dishwasher.   I used to have many odd mugs which I've given away.  


Top corner cabinet where I keep mixing bowls, pie plates,  choppers and graters. 


Kitchen linen drawer. 
I have vintage linen tea towels that were handed down to my from my sister in law.
I love bar mop towels and dishcloths.  They are not overly expensive and can be bleached when necessary.  When it is time to buy new ones, I know that it will all match what is already in my drawer.  By the looks of this photo I can see it is nearly time to do a dishcloth switch over again. 


I could save a lot of space if I would buy smaller cartons of kitchen bags, foil, parchment, plastic wrap, but I'm stuck on the idea of rarely running out.  


Top shelf of the bottom kitchen corner cabinet is big pots, fry pans, oil and vinegar. 



Bottom shelf of the corner kitchen cabinet is flour, sugar, spring-loaded scoops that take up too much room in drawers and of course bread pans that I need to keep handy. 


Spice drawer is one of the narrow ones on the top row in the island. 


Bottom drawer in the island is for casseroles, serving bowls, pot holders and drying mats. 


Plastic containers.   I have a love hate relationship with them.  I hate them when I can't find lids to match the containers but I love them but more so when they are full of yummy food. 


The cabinet beside the stove has pull-out shelves. 

The bottom shelf has the pots and lids. 


The top pull out shelf has the toaster, hand mixer and coffee grinder. 
This shelf needs to be vacuumed often. 


I fully admit to be a gadget junkie.  
This is another one of the top drawers in the island. 

I should have a better place for knives but... this is where they are. 




Dry goods for baking and cooking are kept in the deeper drawers beside the stove.  


Odds and ends drawer. 


Cabinet beside the dishwasher for baking sheets, pizza pans, a splatter lid, cooling racks and chopping boards. 
Top shelf is the rolling pin, mat for rolling out pastry and dough and baking mats. 



As I was tidying this drawer I scolded myself saying that this drawer should really be used for better use but we've always had a treat drawer as long as we've been married so we'll stick with it for a bit yet.   Everyone in the family opens up this drawer to peruse the selection. 



And not in my kitchen but I'll share it because you might wonder...  I store small appliances, heavy pots, roasters,  and baking pans in our office closet.


It's a little bit scary opening all my drawers and cabinets for you but I know it's fun to see so I hope you enjoyed my kitchen tour!

I hope some of the others from our MGCC group will open their cabinets for a Saturday post.

The challenge is open!

Maybe you want to share some of your great storage ideas. 

Share this

Related Posts

Previous
Next Post »